Educational Technology is now accepting presentation proposals for the Sixth Annual Teaching and Learning Technology Conference, scheduled for March 14-15, 2013. Interested presenters can download a copy of the Call for Presentation form at the EdTech web site or click one of the links below:
The theme for this year’s conference is Assessments – From Syllabus to Final. EdTech is looking for presentations that showcase how assessments have an impact on student learning at all stages of a course. However, EdTech will review ALL submissions regardless of content.
The opening keynote speaker will be Dr. Richard M. Felder, Hoechst Celanese Professor Emeritus of Chemical Engineering at North Carolina State University. Dr. Felder has many research interests, as outlined on his web site.
This year we will be offering several tracks for presenters and participants:
- Teaching with Technology – Enhancing the instructional process by including a technology component
- Blended Learning – Replacing some or all of the face-to-face communication in class with online tools
- Best Practices in Teaching Strategies – Pedagogical theories on effective teaching (with or without technology)
- “Hands-on” Activity – Computer labs are available for hands-on presentations or demonstrations
- K-12 Education – By popular request, we will be offering a few sessions geared towards K-12 instructors. If you would like to present towards this audience, please use the same form available through the links above.
Proposals will be accepted until Wednesday, October 31, 2012. Decisions regarding acceptance will be made by Friday, November 16, 2012.