||For Fall 2017, Missouri S&T will be transitioning from TurningPoint Cloud (a.k.a. version 7.5) to TurningPoint 8.2, the most recent version.
The results of this transition are as follows. Most of these changes are cosmetic, but there are a few changes in functionality.
- IMPORTANT: PowerPoint Polling files (i.e. TurningPoint presentations) within TP 8.2 are NOT backwards compatible with TurningPoint Cloud files. When you first open TurningPoint 8.2, you will be prompted to create new versions of the presentations. The original files will still be available.
- EdTech recommends TurningPoint 8.2 be installed on any computers on which you may be editing TurningPoint presentations.
- “Participant Lists” are now referred to as “Courses” or “Course Rosters” within TurningPoint.
- “ResponseWare” is now known as “Mobile Responses.” The ResponseWare app on mobile devices is now simply “TurningPoint.”
- The Manage tab of the TurningPoint dashboard now has the following buttons:
- Upload Grades – push the existing grades into Canvas.
- Update (highly recommended!) – quickly updates any changes to the course roster.
- Edit Roster (not recommended) – allows instructors to manually make changes to the course roster.
- Results Manager – same button as before, just moved to a different location.
- The buttons for PowerPoint Polling, Anywhere Polling, and Self-Paced Polling look different, but function as before.
Students will NOT need to do anything differently in order to ensure their Turning Account is synced with a course. They still need to do the following:
- Purchase a Turning Account – this can be done from the S&T store or through the TurningPoint store.
- Sync their Turning Account with Canvas – this can be done via the Canvas Help and Resources course in Canvas, in which ALL students are enrolled.
- (Optional) Register a Clicker – Students who purchase a clicker will need to also register their device with TurningPoint. This only applies if students are required to purchase a clicker and the Mobile Devices option (formerly know as ResponseWare) is not being used.
Instructors: The server you will connect to is mst.turningtechnologies.com. Questions? Call us.
Educational Technology will be spending a lot of time in the Library during the week before classes start as well as the first week of classes. We’ll be available to help both students and instructors prepare for TurningPoint.
As always, Educational Technology (email@example.com) will gladly hear any questions, comments, or concerns regarding TurningPoint. We look forward to a smooth transition to the new TurningPoint!